July 27, 2011

What will Sophia be when she grows up?

I grew up a tomboy. I loved to climb trees, play sports and go fishing with my papaw. I would not be caught dead in anything pink or frilly. I wore the knees out of my jeans and all by the age of 3.

Now fast forward to 2011...Sophia is the opposite...and I LOVE it!!!! She is a mere 20 months and has to accessorize before leaving the house.

Her favorite purse is a bright pink Coach wristlet. She loves to wear her Minnie Mouse watch. She has a new found love for "pretties" in her hair. She takes at least 2 babies with her for car rides. She sometimes wraps herself in boas and ribbons.

Sophia is a girlie girl to the bone. She even had to get her finger nails painted after watching Auntie Eryn and Jen paint theirs. The best part, she demanded Uncle Ryan do it. It was PRICELESS!!!!


But...do not count out sports just yet.....she LOVES to play soccer. We signed her up for Lil' Kickers this summer and she's already a star. I know, she is my child so I'm obviously going to brag, but she is really good! There are 15 kids on her "team" and she is one of three that listens to everything Coach Gomez says, will kick the ball all the way down the field and into the goal and wins when racing. Let's hope that means she did not inherit my tortoise running abilities! Coach told me last week that while watching the US Women's team play, he told his family about Sophia and said he could see her playing on TV one day and he could brag that he was her first coach. OK, I know, enough already:)

To mix it up, we bought her a t-ball set this past weekend. I placed the ball on the tee and Soph picked up the bat and swung, hitting it about 3 feet:) The best part is I had not shown her how to hit the ball yet. A natural I tell ya:)


Wait, there's more! We can't rule out musician. Her current favorite song is "Mean" by Taylor Swift and loves to sing the chorus. We watched the video probably 15 times today and listen to it another 15. I love to watch Soph and Luke sit on the floor and play the guitar together. She gets a very serious look on her face while doing this and really pays attention.

So whether she will grow up to be a princess, musician or athlete...I am already one proud momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment